This is mainly a tour for repeaters. Have you been on our 2-day tour and would like to discover more and remoter places, then this is your tour. Much like on the 2-day tour, the 3-day tour requires a fair amount of physical fitness and team work.
On longer tours such as this one we have time to dive into this secluded world. There are places like the Medusendom or the Altar, to name just a couple that we’re able to go visit on this longer trek. For both overnights we use our Hölloch bivouac – our little island of comfort in this vast cave system.
Prices per person in CHF
|Adults (from 20 years)||CHF 645.00|
|Youths (16-19 years)||CHF 375.00|
|Rental cave overall||CHF 35.00|
|Illustrated Hölloch anniversary book (special price)||CHF 48.00|
Including: Certified cave guides, entrance Hölloch, helmet, headlamp, rubber boots, cave gloves, harness, 2 x dinner und 2 x breakfast (incl. drinks) during the tour parking fee at the restaurant Hölloch, VAT
Availability: The tour can be organised from roughly November until March (winter months). Meeting on the first day is at 10.00 h and finishes on the last day at roughly 17.00 h.
Weather: In uncertain weather conditions (temperatures too high / heavy rain/thaw the tour will have to be postponed to a later date. Of course we will contact you one or two days prior to the tour to discuss the options.
Duration: 3 days
Group size: This expedition can be organised for a minimum of 5 persons. A normal group size is usually 5 – 9 persons. Single persons can join an existing group.
Meeting point: Hölloch centre, Muotathal.
Requirements: This is a physically very demanding tour. No special knowhow necessary. However, prior day or 2 day cave experience is of advantage. Exposed areas are secured with ropes, ladders, bridges etc.
- Warm socks; thermal underwear (long sleeves & underpants) or turtle neck jumper and leggings as a base layer*. Top layer: warm and not the newest wear & tear proof jumpers, jackets and pants. Some clothes in reserve for your journey home since your cave clothes might be a bit dirty after the tour. (Alternatively you can rent a cave overall for CHF 35.00 per person).
- 3 Lunches and drinks in your flask (no glass flasks). Drinking water is available and your flask can be refilled.
- Energy bars (nuts, raisins)
- Sturdy backpack (min. 40 – 50 l).
- For your stay at the bivouac: headlamp or torch (batteries in reserve), woolly hat, warm jacket, sleeping bag (ideally one that’s suitable to temperatures to -9°C), spare underwear and socks
- If available, bring your knee pads
* Please note – the temperature in the cave is constantly 6°C, the air humidity at almost 100%. As long as we’re on the move, everyone should feel warm enough. However if you easily get cold, maybe wear a mid-layer over your thermals.